Thursday 27 June 2013

Photo Montage 写真モンタージュ

In this post, I made a photo montage (or collage, whichever you call it) to display skills in Photoshop. I had made collages when I first learnt Photoshop in high school, so this task is pretty simple for me. Made it in only half an hour xD

At first, I thought of making a photo montage about Akihabara, the haven for otaku culture and technology geeks. However, I had difficulties finding what I wanted to include in the montage, so I scrapped the idea off and go for plan B.

Plan B is Sheffield, which is located in United Kingdom, near the outskirts of busy London. As much as I love Japan, Sheffield is my next choice as my cousin Geo Law who I idolize so much, lives and works as a graphic designer there (you can see why I idolize him; it's plainly because he made a career out of his talent to draw). Below is my montage and its following description:


I have this impression of Sheffield being a very calm and slow-moving city, in contrast to London beside it which is always rushy and busy. This impression is symbolized by the flying pigeons in my montage. (Yes, those are Photoshopped)

In order to preserve the beauty of the antique UK history, I added the pocket watch at the back of the montage.

As Sheffield is a calm place, it has many coffee shops too, and even my cousin had designed the interior of several coffee shops there. That is why the cup of coffee is present there in the montage.

The main point of the montage can be clearly seen, which is of that unique illustration of the lady. It practically sums up what I like about Sheffield: my cousin. Yes, that illustration is made by Geo himself, and that is why it is made as the main point of this montage.

Hopefully this montage is able to communicate my feelings and thoughts about Sheffield ! That is all for this post! Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment