Tuesday 18 June 2013

Pattern Design パテンデーザイン

Based on the design elements and principles I have researched, learnt and wrote about, I had created a pattern to apply the knowledge I have learnt.

In this pattern, I have obviously used the principle of repetition, where the sakura flowers are repeated in their respective rows. There is harmony in this design as similar shapes are used. However, it would have looked pretty boring if the flowers are exactly the same. In order to solve this problem, I used variation, where each row of sakura flowers are different from another row, which is illustrated in how the flowers are rotated and the pattern directions in the large sakura flowers.

The elements I used in this design are mostly made up of shapes and lines. The sakura flowers are the shapes I used, and the lines in the large sakura flowers are.. well, lines. The colors I used are also harmonious, which are red and pink, as these two colors are placed pretty close to one another in the color wheel.

Below is the pattern design that I had made:



That's all for this post. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment